Thursday, April 8, 2010

Speed bumps: Deterrents or Launching Pads

Have you ever been driving along and come across a speed bump, but were unable to slow down enough to take the bump at a proper speed? Your car launches in the air slightly, kind of like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard, lands hard then continues along like it never happened. The last few weeks have felt like a series of speed bumps for me and my business. As a fellow entrepreneur, I'm sure you can relate.

I've been blessed with many great opportunities and am working with some amazing clients and coaches.  But there are times when I wonder what the heck I've gotten myself into. Thankfully I spent weeks in the beginning developing an integrated marketing plan for my business. During times when I just don't know what to do next, I follow my roadmap and keep plugging along until things pick up and I am speeding along, pedal to the medal. and speed bump free.

Speed bumps are installed to slow people down and act as a deterrent to speeders. For entrepreneurs, a speed bump can be a launching pad into the next realm of business, but only if there is a strong plan in place to act as wings.

No comments: