Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trusting your map

I have a funny story for you.

Last Thursday, I headed to Maryville to meet with Linda Pucci. She is a master at getting people unstuck and getting rid of limiting beliefs.

Who knew my learning would start on the drive to the meeting.

You see, I had been to Linda's before, about four years ago. She lives in the country, at the base of the Smoky Mountains. It is beautiful. I had programmed my phone to give me directions, but instead of trusting MapQuest, I questioned it. I thought I knew better than the map. In the end, the map was right. I was wrong. And I was late.

Hmmm. Where else is that showing up in my life?

Turns out, I am doing the same thing with my marketing plan. Instead of following my plan, I tend to question it, change it, and flat out ignore it.

With the same results. Lost. Confused. Overwhelmed. Late.

Trust your roadmap and keep moving forward. Lesson learned.

Oh, and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Sandy Rees said...

Love the story Kristina! And love the idea of looking to see where else that issue is showing up. Kudos to you for turning it into a learning opportunity!