Friday, May 14, 2010

Finding inspiration

I must admit I know very little about Martin Luther King Jr. Just the information I was forced to learn in school, which was very little. I am fascinated and inspired by people who seem to be fearless. Leaders with strong convictions that aren't afraid to stand alone, no matter how difficult it may be. While I try to be fearless in my business, I cannot imagine taking a stand so powerful that it changes the world. Would I be up to the challenge? 

I found this great article in Success Magazine, "Profiles in Greatness - Martin Luther King Jr.: Standing Up for Justice."  Here are some of my favorite quotes from that article.


“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”


"Ultimately a genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus, but a molder of consensus."


"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."


“And whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they are going somewhere, because a man can’t ride your back unless it is bent.”


“And I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the Promised Land.”


What are your favorite Martin Luther King Jr. quotes or memories? What is your biggest fear in business or life and how will you overcome it? How do you inspire your clients to be their best? 

No comments: