Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Staying focused

Working from home can be a blessing and a curse.  Some days, I get so much done because there is no drama, gossip, junk emails, rambling phone calls, and all of the other distractions found in an office setting.

Other days, a cloud seem to hover over my home office and every silly, time-wasting website seems to pop up on my screen unannounced (my favorite is www.thereifixedit.com).  Some days, it is just impossible to stay focused.

On those days, I dig out my marketing plan and review all my big, hairy goals for this year and the next five years. If that doesn't inspire, or scare, me into getting back to work, not much will.

On days when I just can't seem to get or stay focused, I take it as a sign to take a break. You never know where or when you'll get your next great idea- the park, the mountains, the mall.

So, if you are having a hard time "getting it together," then cut yourself some slack and take a break. You are the boss, after all.

No comments: